Sirius Sagan

Sirius Sagan
A shirtless male character of mine who has big breasts.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Why I Don't Like Star Wars

Hello; this is Project Orion II's Chief Designer, and I have to tell you this.  I seriously don't like Star Wars because it has some aspects that irk me to behavioral problems, I am NOT joking.  Don't you DARE tell me that I have to get psychological or medical attention or that I have to see a doctor.  I have had many years of deliberation through intense out-patient therapy since 2002 and intense self-examination since the end of 2004 to arrive at the conclusion that I really dislike Star Wars.  I have a few nitpicks that really irk me about Star Wars, one of those irritating nitpicks being in the prequels.  The one nitpick that bothers me the most is my only nitpick in the Star Wars Prequels, it is the underwater scene in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (TPM).  When I saw a Sando Aqua Monster torturing and then eating a Colo Claw Fish, I was furious.  I was especially ticked off at the fact that the film GLORIFIED the sadistic act as a means of saving Quin-Gonn Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Jar Jar Binks!  However, I refuse to claim that Quin-Gonn, Obi-Wan and Jar Jar are evil all because of that one nitpick and this is a serious lesson for imbeciles like Confused Matthew who think that Simba, Timon, & Pumbaa are evil all because of nitpicks that they have about The Lion King.  I also don't like the concept of the Force since it is a metaphor for blind faith in general that totally ignores the evils of superstition and it is a lazy cop-out to evade the need to work hard to solve difficult problems.  The Force is no nitpick, it is a key story element and plot device in Star Wars as in "May the Force be with you" and "The Force will be with you, always."  Star Wars is ultra unrealistic and has way too much handwavium and I cannot suspend my disbelief or tolerate the astronomical amount of unrealism in the films since it makes me very insecure as a highly educated person.

Some vocal Star Wars fans think that they and Star Wars are better than those who are different and treat it like a religion.  Star Wars apologists will disrespectfully attack anyone who shoots down anything having to do with Star WarsStar Trek is often a target of outrage by Star Wars supremacists, especially Star Wars extremists who accuse Star Trek of promoting racism, oppression, and communism.  These idiots act just  like Confused Matthew did in his brain-damaged review of The Lion King.  However, Star Trek is NOT the only target by Star Wars extremists, there are non-Star Trek victims of this Star Wars extremism such as James Cameron's Titanic and Avatar.  Some Star Wars extremists such as Radith87 have genocidal fantasies such as the Death Star destroying Pandora to punish Avatar for overtaking Star Wars in the box office.  Although I despise Sando Aqua Monsters, I refuse to have any genocidal fantasies against  Sando Aqua Monsters, especially about planet busters such as the Bugle snack-shaped Doomsday Machine destroying Naboo because I value life way too much to even fantasize about playing god, let alone to advocate playing god or to play god.

To set an example for old school Star Wars fanatics who are railing against the changes in the Star Wars films that they don't like, I will walk away from this franchise and take Colo Claw Fish with me in a starship of the mind.  Some Star Wars fanatics are upset that George Lucas put changes in Star Wars that they did not like such as the character of Jar Jar Binks who receives a lot of hatred.  Those people need to walk away from Star Wars if they don't like the changes in it, that is exactly what I am doing in response to things that I despise about Star Wars such as Sando Aqua Monsters torturing Colo Claw Fish before  eating them.

I also enjoy Star Trek even though it has a share of handwavium, but Star Trek's handwavium is far less than that found in Star Wars as would be shown in the following video.  Star Trek has inspired  many of  its  fans  to become scientists and engineers and has ties to both the space program and the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI), as far as I know the same cannot be said for Star WarsStar Trek has  inspired many inventions including cell phones and SETI at home, Star Wars did not inspire such feats.
One of the most scientifically accurate science fiction films is James Cameron's Avatar which features  the ISV Venture Star that has a starship design based on reality.  Check out Realistic Designs for more information on the ISV Venture Star.  Avatar is now my all time favorite movie along with Carl Sagan's Contact.

ISV Venture Star (Avatar)
In fact, the ISV Venture Star as it turns out is another great design that can also serve as a Colo Claw Fish Carrier.


Scale Size Comparison of our Sun and the three stars in Alpha Centauri.
 I speculate that if there are habitable planets in the Alpha Centauri Star System, that Colo Claw Fish will probably live there and be a real alien species only living 4.37 light-years away from Earth instead of in a galaxy far, far away.  I believe that Colo Claw Fish are a real alien animal, but they would live above the basalt oceanic crust of their real home world instead of in the core for obvious reasons.

Colo Claw Fish
I will enjoy Star Trek instead of Star Wars as you will be able to tell by the video below.  The only two science fiction stories that I like more than Star Trek are Avatar and Contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment